Visa Information

All students will need a valid passport to come to the USA. Depending on how long you will stay, where you were born and where you live, you may also need a visa to study in the United States. It is each student’s responsibility to ensure that any necessary visa or travel documentation has been received before attending OIU Language Learning Center, and we will not accept any responsibility if a student arrives without the correct visa.

Obtaining a Student Visa

An F-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows students to pursue a full course of study (18+ hours per week) in the United States. F-1 visas are only issued in U.S. embassies and consulates outside the United States. Prospective F1 students must obtain a Form I-20 from the university in order to apply for an F1 visa.

If you are not a US citizen or a US permanent resident, you will need to obtain F-1 student status. We urge you to apply early.

OIU is currently not issuing any I-20’s. Please contact us for further information.

Required Steps

  • Complete your application form and submit the required fees.
  • Submit original proof of your ability to pay for your tuition, fees, and living expenses: a bank statement, an original letter from your or your family’s bank, or a scholarship letter from the organization that will pay your expenses. Request 2 copies, one for our offices and one for the embassy when you apply for a visa.
  • Submit a copy of the identity page of your passport (the page with your name and birthdate).
  • OIU will then issue the I-20 form.
  • Take the 1-20 form to your embassy and apply for your visa.

Click here for more information about the F-1 Visas

Dania beach Chamber

Ft Lauderdale Chamber

Hollywood Chamber

oiu banner bottom


225 E. Dania Beach Blvd. Suite 201
Dania Beach, FL 33004

Phone: +1 (954) 925-8443
Fax: +1 (954) 925-8664